This has been a busy month for us with travel, the launch of our website re-design, and now an announcement I’ve been looking forward to sharing: we’re hiring! Over the past few years as we’ve grown Find Us Lost, I’ve always wanted to turn it into an online resource where you can get inspired and plan your travels. Now, we’ve expanded on that idea and introduced new ways you can interact with content, including a trip planning resource and new sections on our blog.
Find Us Lost is so much more than our story of leaving home to travel. It’s grown into a community of what we like to call ‘modern world travelers’. As we expand, we’re looking to produce more inspiring travel content, photography and blogging advice, and resources for our readers to plan their trips. We’re looking for a passionate and dedicated individual to work alongside us in this exciting new phase. If you know someone who would be a great fit for this role, we’d also love your referral!
Job Title: Social Media/Marketing Associate
Work Location: New York, NY
Time Commitment: Part-time; minimum of 10 hours/week up to 20 hours/week.
Find Us Lost is seeking a Social Media/Marketing Associate to join the team part-time. The individual will be tasked with planning and managing content across social media channels, aiding in upkeep of the Find Us Lost blog, responding to messages and emails, assisting with photography shoots, and strategic planning. They will be working directly with the Co-Founder and Creative Director, Selena Taylor, working alongside her as the business grows.
Selena created the travel blog & instagram @finduslost alongside her husband when they moved abroad to Europe in 2016. Since then, the Find Us Lost blog and brand has become a destination to inspire and inform reader’s travels by featuring curated guides, unique destinations and experiences around the world. It’s also a resource for photography tips and an online shop for photo presets.
The Social Media/Marketing Associate must be based in New York City and available at least 5 hours per week for in-person meetings and duties. The schedule is flexible and the individual should also be comfortable working independently and remotely, participating in Skype meetings as needed. There is an opportunity for this job to evolve to a full-time position as the business grows.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Assist with content calendar for social channels including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Tripadvisor
• Manage Pinterest content calendar, including writing strategic copy and creating pinterest graphics
• Post and share stories to the @finduslostpresets Instagram account 3-5 times/week
• Assist with blog maintenance, including reviewing and updating old posts and travel guides and making strategic recommendations
• Assist with responding to all messages and comments, engaging with followers on various social channels
• Assist with admin duties such as responding to emails, generating invoices, and spreadsheet tracking
• Assist with social media analytics and creating performance reports
• Assist with influencer outreach, photo shoots and PR tasks as needed
• Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications and Skills
• Passion for travel and destinations
• Experience planning and creating social media content
• 2-3 years experience in Marketing, PR or relevant field
• Knowledge of and experience with Photoshop, Lightroom, WordPress, Microsoft Office
• Interest in and knowledge of photography basics
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Resourceful, creative, and hard-working
• Strong writing skills and professional email etiquette
• Flexible and comfortable working directly with the Co-Founder
• Must currently reside in the greater New York City area
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
• Experience with Google Analytics, Mailchimp, Tailwind is a plus
• Video editing skills are a plus
• Flexible work schedule (i.e. nights, weekends)
• Ability to travel locally and internationally on occasion